April 28, 2022
MV LADY VICTORIA RESTORATION PROJECT STATUS
MV Lady Victoria is a complete restoration project from the Keel Up by Master Shipwright Alan Hollison includes new Hull Floors structure as required, new bottom refastening, new bottom caulking, all systems are removed and replaced with modern systems materials and equipment, interior and exterior will be refinished, equipment replaced as required.
Note: Structurally the yacht (Hull and Superstructure) is in very good solid condition and a great restoration project. Cabinetry and Equipment removed, cleaned, and stored.
We intend to restore her as close to her original glory and quality of workmanship as practical but incorporating modern materials, paint, systems to ABYC, new equipment especially developed for the yacht building industry today but not available in 1950.
MV Lady Victoria has been housed in a in water Boathouse for approximately sixty (60) years
- All Major and Secondary Equipment removed and stored.
- Systems Primary and Secondary removed, cleaned, and stored.
- Bilges: Cleaned, Seal Coated, Painted with primer / undercoat / gloss coat
- Hull Topsides Interior: Cleaned, Seal coated, Painted with primer / final coat.
- Superstructure: Interior, Cleaned, Seal coated, Painted with primer / final coat.
- Crew Area: New Floor Timbers installed approx. twelve (12)
- Machinery Space Fwd.: New Floor Timbers installed approx. eight (8)
- Owners Stateroom: Floor Timbers refastened.
- Engine Room: Cleaned, Seal Coated, Painted with primer / undercoat / gloss coat
- Crew Access from Salon - Stairs and Companionway Hatch moved to C-L In Progress.
- Crew Head: Separate Crew Shower Installed in Progress.
- Crew Berth: Cabinetry and Drawers New in Process.
- Galley: - New General Arrangement, Cabinet Fabrication in Progress.
- Galley: - New Galley appliances.
- Cabinets Fwd. Starboard: New Design and General Arrangement and Cabinetry in Process.
- Helm Settee: Port New Design and General Arrangement, Cabinetry in Process.
- Salon Settee: - Modification to L Shaped and New Cabinetry Fwd. In Process
- Owners Stateroom Head – New Separate Shower In Process.
- Owner Stateroom: - Port New Design and General Arrangement, Cabinetry in Process.
Main Engines: - Two (2) Perkins Diesels Model 6-354 (140 HP) Reconditioned
Running Gear: - Machined New Shaft and Strut Bearings Installed.
Rudders: - New Rudder Bearings Installed.
Steering System: - Steering Shaft, Tiller Arm & Chain Cogs Installed.
Generator: - TBD
SYSTEMS: (ABYC Guidelines - Systems Rough in Ready to Start)
Fresh Water System.
Hot Water System.
Sea Water System.
Grey Water System.
Black Water System.
ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: (ABYC Guidelines - Systems Rough in Ready to Start)
Lighting – LED System.
Hull Bottom. – Bottom Caulking Removed – Ready for Recaulking
Hull Bottom Refastening: Refasten Bottom Planking as Required.
Hull Topsides: – Good Condition – Sand / Fair as required Repaint.
Hull Reverse Transom. – Refasten Mahogany Sand & Revarnish.
No Wet or Dry Rot Found Structure is in Good Condition.
Cabin sides – Mahogany Strip / Sand / Revarnish.
Cabin Top and Deck - Canvas is in good Condition.
Cockpit Coaming and Settee - Mahogany Repair / Strip / Sand / Revarnish.
Handrails: - Mahogany Cap Rails – Remove / Strip / Revarnish / Reinstall.
Deck Hardware: Remove / Clean / Polish / Reinstall